Knee pain is an extremely common complaint that affects individuals of all ages. Commonly, knee pain can be brought on by a traumatic injury, arthritis, or from a muscular imbalance of the musculature surrounding the knee. Having your knee evaluated and treated early by out expertly trained Eugene chiropractors can be helpful in improving long term outcomes.
What You Need To Know About Knee Pain
Having your knee pain evaluated by our Eugene chiropractors is important for identifying what is generating your symptoms and how to uniquely approach your care. Common causes of knee pain are:
- Trauma: due to a direct injury the knee (sports injury, car accident, falls, sudden unguarded movements) which can lead to a ACL injury, meniscal tear, bursitis, collateral ligament tear.
- Arthritis: arthritis is one of the most common causes of chronic knee pain.
- Mechanical problems: the balance of opposing muscles and how the joint functions from a mechanical standpoint can lead to pain in the knee.
Our Eugene chiropractors are expertly trained in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including knee pain. Our chiropractors not only have their doctorate in chiropractic but also master’s in sports medicine which has led to a greater level of expertise for this condition. Chiropractic treatment knee pain can consist of:
- Chiropractic adjustments, therapeutic massage, therapeutic exercise, laser, taping and bracing.
The vast majority of knee pain is uncomplicated and can be treated by our Eugene chiropractors. In rare cases, more serious ailments can cause knee pain and are grounds for an urgent or emergent referral. Let your doctor know if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- If your symptoms become unbearable, significant swelling is present, unable to bear your weight on leg, unable to flex knee, fever.