Chiropractic Treatment for Knee Pain
Types of knee pain:
Having your knee pain evaluated by our Eugene chiropractorsis important for identifying what is generating your symptoms and how to uniquely approach your care. Common causes of knee pain are:
- Trauma: due to a direct injury the knee (sports injury, car accident, falls, sudden unguarded movements) which can lead to a ACL injury, meniscal tear, bursitis, collateral ligament tear.
- Arthritis: arthritis is one of the most common causes of chronic knee pain.
- Mechanical problems: the balance of opposing muscles and how the joint functions from a mechanical standpoint can lead to pain in the knee.
Can chiropractors treat knee pain?
Our Eugene chiropractors are expertly trained in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries including knee pain. Our chiropractors not only have their doctorate in chiropractic but also master’s in sports medicine which has led to a greater level of expertise for this condition. Chiropractic treatment knee pain can consist of:
- Chiropractic adjustments, therapeutic massage, therapeutic exercise, laser, taping and bracing.
How do I know if my knee pain is serious?
The vast majority of knee pain is uncomplicated and can be treated by our Eugene chiropractors. In rare cases, more serious ailments can cause knee pain and are grounds for an urgent or emergent referral. Let your doctor know if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- If your symptoms become unbearable, significant swelling is present, unable to bear your weight on leg, unable to flex knee, fever.